" WELCUM "

Once a while blog on Food, Dancing and my 9394 mind on daily living


Monday, November 14, 2005

OH A KISS IS STILL A KISS IN CASABLANCA

"Oh a kiss is still a kiss in Casablanca
But a kiss is not a kiss without your sigh
Please come back to me in Casablanca
I love you more and more each day as time goes by"
Haha I dunno whether you heard these songs before but for those 80’s ppl this song ‘Casablanca’ by Bertie Higgins damn hit one. But even if we are not the 80’s era ppl , this song considers Karaoke all time favorite. I sure to sing this song because I like that lyrics “A KISS IS STILL A KISS’

Last Saturday Jeremy calls me again asking me to join him and his wife to watch Bertie Higgins live concert in Genting. Thinking no EPL football that Saturday evening so why not.

I don’t know who this Bertie Higgins was when Jeremy call , but Jeremy knows I’m the China Ah Man he use the hit song Casablanca to get me join them for this concert.

Me prefer Rocks, but since no where to go so just follow la.

When arrive Genting just in time 8pm and as we were taking the escalator to the concert hall on the 1st floor, I saw my highly respected blogger Peter Tan at the ground floor hotel lobby , I wanna to say hi to him but because I on my way to 1st floor I forgo the idea, but seeing him to me like seeing a superstar. He looks very cheerful.(I dunno whether he also attend this concert??)


Bugar! when I go inside all I can see is mostly uncle, auntie’s, only few youngsters. I was preparing a boring evening, maybe just listen Casablanca and just sleep there.

But I was very very wrong , this Kwei Lo Bertie Higgins and his band call 'The Band of Pirates' really can rock big time , the music is kind of country rock but it damn nice man. His voice damn macho and his showmanship really 1st class international despite he having jet leg as he only arrive late Friday night and sleep at 3am.

When he sing his hit number ‘ Key Largo’ , 'Another day in Paradise' and of course ‘Casablanca’ everyone cheer and sing along with them.
Too bad the crowd too tame la, if a lot of youngster there sure rock & dance one. I was thinking to stand up dancing but don’t want la, scare everybody focus me more than him so no good la as he also sing very good so give him chance la, further more Genting no pay me mai.
Not only Bettie give such a good performance, his band also damn good.

Because of the crowd demand he echo the songs ‘Casablanca again.
Tell you la when he sings that song I think back my childhood past when at that time this song come about.

Songs and music really so powerful can bring one’s heart into emotional stage.

Haha when I listen to Bertie songs two wonderful blogger lady came to my mind..from ipoh and Penang.

After the performance he stay back and sign autograph for us.




Me, No regret attend Bertie concert and one of the best concert I attended so far.

...........................................


Bertie Higgins
Well known for his hits 'Key Largo''Just Another Day in Paradise', 'Casablanca' and 'Pirates and Poets'.Bertie, who once supported himself as a sponge diver, began his career in show business at the age of twelve as a ventriloquist. His big break came when he was working on a song on his personal failed romance. The song which later became known as 'Key Largo' was released in 1981 and pop music history was made. Other hit singles by Bertie became 'Song Of The Year' in the Pacific Rim and the album hit double platinum status. Bertie became an international star overnight.
His love songs explore the efforts of man trying to fathom the mystery and allure of women. His songs on fantasy focus on the beauty and sensuality of the tropics.
He is listed in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland and also in the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in Macon. Besides being a stage performer, songwriter and vocalist, he is also an accomplished screenwriter, novelist and actor.
(extract from Genting.com)


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that song. In fact, I just went to a restaurant with that name.

Anonymous said...

In blog and also since I am not using my real picture then I admit lar... I love the song Casablanca. Another reason is also because this song is the only one I can sing without lowering the keys. Sssshhh but dun tell anyone lar.. this is my one and only K yam gor. I cannot sing one... will probably learn lip synch.lol

Outside the blogosphere, I will tell u, never heard casablance before because I am from Linkin Park era... HA HA HA

Anonymous said...

Lilian- wah wah we very on key wor

Helan- Hei one of my favorite rock group is Linkin Park..u sure or not ??.I also like queen ..i think u like it too as your come out wet era.

Anonymous said...

i also remember bertie higgins and key largo and casablanca. aiyo, we all same era lah..

Anonymous said...

Wa I got king Wife come to my blog.So happy man

Anonymous said...

hi! i got ur link from peter. hehee i like these songs too they teman me while growing up since young. in fact i like old songs very much! at first i thought the words were from 'as time goes by' from bryan ferry. they're a bit similar: "u must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh..." btw, i like ur style of writing hahaa, may i link u?? :)

Anonymous said...

Wei, want to ask u, why yr 'name' and 'website' column got so many 'taugeh'? Must delete baru can type my name.

Anyway, here's the Casablanca restaurant. Sangria on me.

And to parrot Helen, I come from Green Day/Rancid era. Hohoho.

Anonymous said...

Allison- yes yes that phase i hear before.my writing is No 9 floor where got good..anyway thks a lot droping by.Ofcoz can la u can link me

Lilian- No understand what u mean wor?.

Anonymous said...

lolz im 19 but i listen to him ya.. haha. this song casablanca is one of my fave, but not the movie tho. :) too 'old'.. din watch it

Anonymous said...

I love Bertie Higgins' Key Largo. Was contemplating whether to watch the show but decided it was a tad too expensive for the four of us. I am sure you had enjoyed it. Next do come over to say hi, ok?

Anonymous said...

Alex:- i personely thinks a lot of 70's 80's and 90's song are evergreen songs that can last .Thks alex for droping by

Peter:- Wow my idol drop by my site.Thaanks for droping by.

Anonymous said...

Wah ! this song very the romantic one leh.... somemore got the same effect as your new blog image

verli good wor ! add oil,,,,, add oil,,,,,,

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joyce