" WELCUM "

Once a while blog on Food, Dancing and my 9394 mind on daily living


Wednesday, July 01, 2009

In Memories of Fah La Ford Set


2/2/1947 - 25/6/2009


The passing of Farrah Fawcett brings a lot memories of the poster during the late 70's and 80's. The Farrah Fawcett poster consider one of the last iconic pinup images of the 20th century, as is not only popular in the US , but the world, Malaysia no exception. Seems this poster sold more than 12 million copies.

Some of my funny nostalgia of Farrah during my teen:-

1. Can't pronnouce her name , so we use to call her in Cantonese 'Fah La Ford Set'



2. Boy A : Wa ! your room also got Fah La Ford Set Poster ar
Boy B : I have few more la, my sister in her room also got
Boy A : So when you 'Da Fei Key' you look at it ar ??
Boy B : sure la..
Boy A: arkkkkk.. I won't touch the poster la



3. Every where you can find this poster, especially the hair saloon

4. Poster can be buy from Glass shop, Bus Stand shop, Book Shop and pasar malam

5. I known a girl her name call Ah Fah, and change her western name Farrah

6. Boy A :- She so ugly , pay me I also won't TIU her la
Boy B :- Never mind la..you use Farrah Fawcett poster cover her face la


7. Boys boost about his new girl friend

Boy A : Last night party at Wingz house got find any girls ma ?
Boy B : Got !!
Boy A : Wa !! How she look like?
Boy B : More sexy than Farrah Fawcett.



8. Boy A interested a beautiful girl

Boy A : How nice this girl can become my girlfriend
Boy B : You think you are six million dollar man
(FARRAH FAWCETT's ex-husband LEE MAJORS who star in a very popular 70's TV series Six Million Dollar Man)


9. Boy A insulting a girl

Boy A : Behind hair style looks like FF, in front look like my grandmother.



10. Girls at swimming pool site and pose like the poster will ask her friend does she look like FF.


Thanks Farrah
Goodbye and May you Rest in Peace

.

1 comment:

frostier said...

i know i remember watching her Charlie's Angel